Vancouver’s Little Fashionisto has been a personal style blogger for the past 2 years, and yet he’s already gained much international acclaim. With mentions in Nylon Korea, NY Mag’s theCut Blog and H&M the list goes on and on. We caught up with him to ask him a quick 10 questions.
1. Name: M’c kenneth Pontanilla Licon
2. Job: Full time Interactive designer intern/Personal Style Blogger
3. Hometown: Tarlac, Philippines
4. What’s your biggest fashion faux pas? Lack of confidence. Put me in potato sack with confidence and I’ll be fine. Put me in a million dollar suit with doubts and I’m out.
5. Favourite movie: As cheesy as this may sound, A Walk to Remember — Jamie and Landon <3
6. If you were a Chipmunk, which one would you be? Alvin, Simon or Theodore? I don’t know. I haven’t seen the Chipmunks.
7. Who is your favourite fashion icon and why? Hedi Slimane. I love how he introduced/re- introduced skinny (non-macho) guys into the fashion scene. His work for Dior Homme is exceptional. I love his clever approach with fabrics and clean, minimalistic colour story. Aside from being a successful designer, he is also one of the most talented fashion photographers in the industry.
8. Fill in the blank: in my closet, I can’t live without my _________. Slim fitted blazer. It can go night and day — winter, spring, summer and fall. It’s in my closet all year round. It never gets put away.
9. What’s one thing that no one knows about you? Opps. It’ll remain unknown.
10. Can you dougie? AHAHA. I’ve seen it done… I think I can do it!
Born and raised in BC, Adele Tetangco has been a part of the Vancouver fashion industry for the past 7 years. You can find her working as the Sales + Marketing Manager for local label dace and more recently as a Fashion PR consultant for Blank Communications.