Dace Moore’s eponymous fashion label, Dace, has been around Vancouver for so long that looking at it makes it feel like home. I had the chance to catch up with her for a little one-on-one.
1. Full Name: Dace Margaret Moore.
2. Occupation: Designer and Business Owner of Dace / Fashion Instructor at JCI Institute.
3. How long have you been doing what you’re doing? I’ve been designing for over 15 years and recently started teaching this year.
4. Complete this sentence: I love Vancouver because_______: I love Vancouver because of the mountains, ocean, and my family and friends.
5. Name your favourite place to eat: Bao Bei.
6. Where do you love to shop? One of a Few in Gastown and Gravity Pope on West 4th.
7. Name a place you enjoy going to have drinks: Alibi Room.
8. Where do you like to go to relax? At home.
9. What is your biggest inspiration? The people that surround me.
10. What’s your favourite colour? Blue
11. If you can describe Vancouver fashion in one word, what would it be? I can’t really describe it in one word. There are so many different types of styles walking the streets of Vancouver right now.
12. Name something you think that’s a fashion faux pas. Uggs.
13. There’s a fire and you can only save one thing in your closet – what is it? Maybe my Won Hundred jeans that I live in
14. What music are you listening to in your studio? Reverberation Radio (online).
15. Any new developments? We recently moved to a new studio that has a storefront, so it is an open studio concept. In addition to clothing, I’ve added a little bit of house ware items and a new kids collection.
725 East Hastings