Position: Controller – Head Office Accounting & Finance Department
We are seeking an outgoing individual who possesses a strong work ethic, ability to take initiative and values constant change & growth within an entrepreneurial company.
The Controller is instrumental in defining the financial culture of the company, ensuring financial oversight of the Donnelly Group companies by adherence to policies and procedures.
- Financial reporting: prepare period-end and annual financial statements and supplemental reporting for senior management; spearhead the year-end process with an external accounting firm, negotiating engagement costs and preparing all working papers and PBC requirements
- Operational reporting: prepare key analytical reports and develop KPIs with senior management; develop and implement an annual budget process; reconcile supplier budgets vs. payments and uses
- Cash management: monitor day-to-day banking; maintain company cash-flows; foster ongoing relationships with all lenders
- Statutory reporting: ensure timely filing of all government remittances, including GST/HST, PST, Worksafe BC, Ontario WSIB; liaise with the CRA and Ministry of Finance
- Leases: identify opportunities for capital leasing; maintain existing business, property, and equipment lease documentation
- Insurance: spearhead the annual renewal of all company policies; support Director of Operations with ad-hoc property and liability claims
- Corporate records: manage all business documentation such as incorporation documents, shareholder agreements, purchase agreements, and annual filings
- Finance team point-person for capital projects, responsible for preparing financing requests, maintaining invoice documentation and facilitating timely CRA ITC refunds
- Support Payroll and HR administrators with ad-hoc issues that may have financial impacts
- Designated Accountant (CPA) with 5 years progressive supervisory experience
- Experience with Great Plains or similar scale accounting ERP software (e.g. Oracle; JD Edwards)
- Experience with Microsoft Management Reporter (formerly FRx) would be considered a key asset