Hobo Cannabis Company is a modern retailer of recreational cannabis in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario. Our aim is to make the cannabis buying experience disarming, compassionate and human. We were publicans first by virtue of two decades experience in hospitality as Donnelly Group, running public houses, cocktail clubs and barbershops. We’ve summoned our passion for these things and experience as operators and energized it into this modern retail brand.
This is an open call to submit interest in joining the Hobo Cannabis community. We welcome compassionate, driven individuals with an appetite for learning and a genuine empathy for the well-being of others.
The Accountant is responsible for full-cycle accounting tasks, statutory filings, and assisting the CFO with financial statement preparation and other ad-hoc tasks.
- Full-cycle accounting tasks
- Ownership of month-end journal entries and reconciliations
- Efficiently prepare bank/credit card reconciliations
- Manage accounts payable, credit cards, expense reports, and vendor relationships
Reconcile key balance sheet accounts and maintain working papers, such as prepaids, accrued vacation, and sales taxes collected
- Assist with compiling all year-end PBC-required items for external accounting firm
- Reconcile intercompany transactions, ensuring elimination across entities
- Reconcile and file monthly GST and PST filings
- Assist CFO with day-to-day retail operations, inventory management, cash management, and scaling operations and process
- Assisting with budget reconciliation on capital projects
- Assist Director of Operations with special projects
- Assist with maintaining proper corporate records, charts, and documentation
- Assist with ad-hoc government sales tax reviews, compiling supporting documents and preparing submissions
- Ideal candidates will have 2-4 years or progressive full-cycle accounting experience
- Experience with ERP Software (QuickBooks Online, Sage ERP) considered an asset
- Interest in pursuing an accounting career